- Ability to work with and build agile teams of developers and designers to bring ideas to fruition using version control
- Excellent responsive CSS (e.g. flexbox, animation) with precursors (SCSS) or composable CSS (styled-components)
- Expertise in new JS APIs (e.g. WebRTC, FileReader, Web Workers, Canvas), ES6 and modern tools like React and Flux
- Comfortable in linux and ability to fold in exisiting solutions in the toolchain with Node.js or frontend bundler (e.g. webpack)
- Fluent in SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. redis, mongodb) plus cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS)
- Proficiency in server configuration (e.g. Apache, Nginx) and deployment (e.g. Docker, Heroku)
- Experience extracting value from data and understanding how to apply machine learning to problems
Airclass (a Lenovo Software product), July 2016 to Present
Airclass is a rich, immersive experience of a live training environment. I worked to make this WebRTC application scale and function in constrained cooperate environments as well as built up other collaborative features such as realtime annotations.
Quinncia, February 2015 to July 2016
teamDigital, December 2014 to January 2015
I developed a platform that enabled the realtime moderation and judging of multiple SoundCloud.com, MLB, and NFL contests. Because of its success, the tool was repurposed as a universal moderation/judging tool for other contests.
Social Psychology Network, July 2009 to December 2014
Having been awarded a grant from the National Science Foundation, the Network hired myself to build a web community and continue their mission. As part of their small team, I built interactive psychological demonstrations in addition to a profile platform for thousands of social psychologists to show their research. I trained and managed student interns to help with testing and support requests. I also helped put together the largest course on Coursera, "Social Psychology" for hundred of thousands of students and worked with Coursera staff to include a new unique feature for the course.
CultureU, January 2009 - July 2009
CultureU was a startup that designed a "cultural networking" site for college students to expose their creative talents. I built portfolios and other interactive frontend features. CultureU grew to include 30 students and faculty who actively contributed.
Indiana University Alumni Association, March 2008 - July 2009
I developed an alumni directory, group travel planner and other database-driven applications to enhance the alumni experience.
B.S. in Computer Science, Indiana University
2005 - 2009
M.A. in Liberal Arts, Wesleyan University
2009 - 2014